Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torentine: "Satellite" Collage Map

Map Day 2...

I won't post one every day but i wanted to show the two different directions i went in on the terrain. I started with the left one and thought the geology was too bizarre and the coloring was a little dead... plus it didn't fit the way i pictured the landscape so i opted for a more lush alternative (right) making use of the pacific nortwest's ranges (rather than the carpathians in the other)... It looks a bit more natural to me and the color is nicer.

The little slice of continent in the upper right was easy as it is just the north face of the alps and part of bavaria... with a little editing.

I still haven't reconciled the rivers but that and other detail work is coming up next as well as editing obvious signs of repetition and other anomalies.

P.S. the weirdest thing happened to me while working on this project.. i had a moment of vertigo and felt as if i was VERY high up, seriously!... I think i have looked at too many satellite photos (0:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TOPO_LARGE_FORMAT_ALT.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	19683   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TOPO_LARGE_FORMAT.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	19684  
    Last edited by a2area; 12-20-2009 at 11:25 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The second one looks much better to me as well. Cool stuff you have going on here.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12