Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Dungeon Style

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    RobA IS the fastest gun in the west, period.
    Well maybe fastest gun 'North of the Border'
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    (And as a personal note to Tim - I hope you don't feel shot down in the street!)
    -Rob A>
    I hope I didn't give the idea that Tim was being gunned down because I did not think that was the case. My little story was more about not realizing just how good something was.

For instance, I used your dungeon add on for Gimp to create a pretty cool little dungeon area beneath a tower but did not realize just how much variety it really allowed for. When the question was posted it did not even register that your add-on might be able to reproduce the effects shown.

Then when you posted the response, like the next day or something, I was like, "Whoa! That was quick." and "Wow, it looks almost identical." It was then that I saw that there was a lot more to the add-on than I originally thought.

So, I for one, was kind of blown away. Hence, the western gunslinger imagery.

I plan to go back and fiddle with the settings and see what else I can produce with it. So I am glad the question was raised.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Actually, Jaxilon's comment did seem to be shooting me in the face, but that's alright.

Ultimately, RobA's script right now doesn't meet all of my needs as shown by his example from above. My dungeon's tend to be very mixed-use dungeons, i.e. they include lots of rooms that are widely separated as well as lots of rooms that are bunched up and only separated by thin walls. Unless RobA has done something new, his script doesn't really support closely bunched rooms.

Additionally, unless I am mistaken, what I am looking for in a script will allow a little more customizations than RobA's allows. Hence, my comment above regarding the possibility of asking him to generate a new one that more closely follows the method that I used above.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cartographist View Post
    Unless RobA has done something new, his script doesn't really support closely bunched rooms.
    I think it does...

Source template:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample2-src.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	20041

Result:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample2.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	20042

But feel free to pm me your workflow and I will script it up!

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Too bad he only seems to start maps and never gets the time to finish them.

(And as a personal note to Tim - I hope you don't feel shot down in the street!)
    LOL! Not at all. I've been too busy to notice any bullets. Besides, I sneaked a cast iron shell of a stove under my poncho for extra protection.

Cheers,
    Tim
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12