Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: September 2007 Entry: The Glass Journal

My computer is not running Java properly is what I think it is I will try and upload what files I can tomorrow. For now, I must post the epilogue before I leave in fifteen minutes, erk *prods slow scanner*

Yup. That will get you. If you tell me what OS you are running and if you look in add/remove programs what versions of Java it says you have, I can help you with that.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Default Epilogue

An excerpt from the chronicles of the Glass Age, as recorded by his Majesty's chief of Scribes Cor'ganith:

Day Six, Plane of Jubillee

It has been ten years, to the day, since the dissapearance of world famous map-maker An'Tarez and his daughter Ina. Discussing the mystery is still in vogue among the upperclass, and more than a few claim to have theories. I have a theory of my own. The classic story is thus:

After recovering her missing father from the Glass Desert, Ina claimed to ahve rescued him from bandits in the caves under Shale-Table Cay. An'Tarez corraborated her story, but the two never gave any details. They then took two years to map the Glass Ocean properly, giving the world not only generic maps but wind currents and pages of algorithims meant to predict the ways in which the coastline would reroute itself. During this time, they based their operations from Shale Table Cay, a mysterious choice that no one questioned. Other adventurers passing by were given food and water, but only meambers of An'Tarez's team were given access to the 'caves' below. Everything seemed normal, and their maps allowed better exploration and glass extraction from the desert. Everything seemed well....

And then there was the explosion. At least, that is the official story. One day, Shale-Table Cay vanished, leaving behind a two mile crater in which a glass works has since been built. No one alove knows exactly what happened, but the light of the 'explosion' could be seen from Lemis Keep and beyond.

Yet it is here the story ceases to make sense. Only a powerful magic could undo as large a stone as Shale-Table, and there were no people capable of such destruction living on the continent. No traces of caves or anything were found. And the light that people saw, rather than mushrooming and fading like a typical explosion, was said to have risen to the sky before fading out.

It is for this reason that I, personally, think that Ina and An'Tarez and their team are still alive somewhere - perhaps among the very stars.

One thing however is certain. After Shale'Table vanished, the desert seemed to calm. Rather than rewriting its borders drastically almost every day, it now changes by a slow creep over many years. In the past decade, it has varied only two miles over the border of the last created map of An'Tarez.

This led to a massive increase of glass exportation from the desert, ushering in a new era. With the rose glass readily available, both scientific and magical studies advanced rapidly over the course of the next few years. Five years ago, the Age of Steam ended and the Glass Age officially began.

And I hold that this new era of prosperity would not have come so soon without the help of An'Tarez and Ina, whom the world will miss.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345