Thread: Town of Wortbaln

Wip Town of Wortbaln

Well, as you can see, this map is very much a work in progress. Can you tell I'm new? Of course you can. Anyway, this map is of the Town of Wortbaln, in the province of the same name, in the Travern Empire. Although, I suppose it will suffice for my first upload. . . I remain unhappy with the results! Suggestions?

*Special thanks to terminal for his tutorial on flag-making for photoshop, and the people of Orneta, Poland for their "Worm" (altered heavily by myself) for use in this map. . . Gee I hope I'm allowed to do that!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wortbalm Town2.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	4.60 MB 
ID:	19653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wortbalm.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	19655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wortbaln Pencil.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	19656  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

What software are you using? The dragon is just fine, I don't think a town can copyright an image (just don't try to sell it)...plus I'm sure they'd be happy to get the shout-out The lines look very funky, maybe try a small blur on them (.5 to 1 pixel). The water has the noise colors in it so put the noise on a layer of its own, then desaturate it, this removes color leaving only grayscale, and then set it to overlay or some other blend mode that you like.

I did a quick little mod where it took the pencil drawing and put it on top of the color one in hopes of the lines coming out bolder (the pencil layer was set to multiply). However the lines came out too thin, when compared to the white fuzzy lines, so I had to add an outer glow of black to increase their size. It's no masterpiece that I did but it adds some clarity for the eye...we're used to seeing dark lines for outlines instead of white lines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenie.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	917.0 KB 
ID:	19660  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Lord thats a good map

Around the coast into the sea you have these funky border lines trailing off as it gets deeper. They are very nice and I wondered how you did them. I know how I would have done them but that's a pretty involved method so have you an easier way ?

Oh and welcome btw.