Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Antique Style World Map

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

oooh.

you realize of course, that this is going to be totally amazing when it's finally done?

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Thanks Coyotemax I realized those two maps aren't actually completely drawn yet, as I still need to draw naval exploration routes on them still. Sigh. I'm starting to look forward to getting this finished and moving on to something new. Good inspiration to work faster

Probably won't get a whole lot of labelling done today after all, between olympic hockey and lost tonight, I'm not getting much work done

Going to be taking a little bit of a burnout break from the map for a little bit, and work on an entry for the lite challenge. The entry is related to the same project as this map is for, although it's not actually going to be a part of this map at all. Then I should be able to come back to this with a nice fresh burst of inspiration (and naming) and energy (and naming).

Woohoo! I only fell to the 4th page while working on my lite challenge entry Started putting my new tablet to use on the images for the constellations, and realized that this part is probably going to be a lot of fun after all! At least for the first 10-20 constellations I've only finished the first one so far, and havn't even really placed it, I mostly just wanted to save my thread from the deepest black depths of page 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antique style no&#1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	23057  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that looks really good moutarde - can't wait to see more
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

definitely like this map. great ideas, layout and my god the details... wanna trade skills? cause i'm getting tired of being the community unfinisher of projects
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yeah, you've got to admire Moutarde's perserverance...

Well, there's a lot of work left there, but I like the dragon. Off to a good start on this section!

What's this? An update after almost two months??? I got sick of the dwarf fortress map (not that I made much in the way forward progress on it at all ), so I've been working on drawing the sketches for the constellations. Only 35 or so more to go!!!

The top rows are the zodiac constellations, and below that will be the remainder of the constellations. The little warrior guy is absolute crap, though I don't know if I'll redraw him. His first sketch looked pretty good, but when I finished him up, he turned all brown and smelly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all-20percent.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	24826  
    Last edited by moutarde; 05-16-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Moutarde! Great to see that you're still working on this map, it's well worth finishing. Nice sketches by the way. Here's a lil bit of rep to encourage you to see this one through.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast