Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats in your Ultimate Mage's Tower?

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Obelisks which amplify magical current passed through them placed around the outside of the main tower (perhaps on attached but smaller towers) on which mages can defend the tower from dragons/ other mages/ other threats

well the tower would be flying, no need for portals or anything like that, just magick the tower up and let it teleport and shift planes, need a change in scenary every so often after all.

I suppose on a more sensible non-ridiculous in cost/power note, I would include a nice museum-type area displaying all of the artifacts collected by the mage over the years placed conveniantly next to the entrance hall where guests teleport in or dock their aircraft.

A map room would also be good, with a magical map that automatically updated itself to show the inside of the tower, locations of people, and the surrounding terrain (especially important if the tower can teleport/plane shift )

Alright, I've given this a lot of thought and I think that no matter where we put this tower, we need to have an awesome butler to welcome visitors.

I think a talking donkey would be rockin' cool so I whipped up a quick sketch.

Here ya go for your viewing pleasure: Seymour, the talking donkey!

PS. Sorry folks, I'm clearly not right. I will admit I laughed myself silly painting this guy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seymour.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	19744  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

And I think you just found your new avatar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I think a talking donkey would be rockin' cool.
    Indeed. I think we may have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    And I think you just found your new avatar
    LOL, You know, I just might use him.

The funniest part was when my wife walked in and saw this stupid lookin donkey on my screen and she said, "WhAT are you DOing?"

<--check him out, he's pretty cool small scale Maybe I should give him a staff or a shotgun in case of trouble.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 12-26-2009 at 02:10 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Pretty cool, maybe have an arm extended with a tray on it. Cute lil guy.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Yes i have to agree, a II Peter 2:16 (look it up in the KJB, i dear you) moment would be good for a few laughs during a game.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    Yes i have to agree, a II Peter 2:16 (look it up in the KJB, i dear you) moment would be good for a few laughs during a game.
    Hehe, yeah it did make me think of Balaam just for a moment when I created him. Would make a pretty freaky moment: "Moving towards you down the hallway you see what appears to be a Donkey standing on his hind legs. He begins to speak saying, 'Turn back, turn back. There is only death this way.'" It might freak out a few of your players

I still think Donkeys are funny though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123