Thread: A New Campaign World---WIP

Post A New Campaign World---WIP

Ok here is a campaign world map I am working on. Its a pretty large map, 24"x12"; and I plan on going into further details once I get this going. Today all I managed to do was the outline and oceans/lakes...tommorrow I'll start working on setting up "climate/terrain" areas.
    Btw this world is roughly the same size as Earth, however it has a much higher land/water ratio from what I can see, and I have yet to place polar ice caps, I'm not sure how this would effect climate, but if anyone is willing to help out I'd apprecaite it.
    Also just for posterity reasion wth would the scale be...as I said on a flat map of earth this is roughly the same size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World Map.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	19715  
    Last edited by heathan666; 12-22-2009 at 06:33 PM.
    Surgeon's General Warning
    Heathan causes brain tumors, mass hysteria, random acts of violence, road rage, drunken nudity, world peace, 'the munchies', white noise, insanity, cthulu, anal leakage, METAL, presence of extraterrestrial, the freeing of ‘twins’, SNEAK ATTACK!, smoking, alcoholism, unadulterated awesomeness, and GANGSTA.

Eberron Ecologies 4/5 Rice Crispy Treats (by me and some other folks).
    The Ten Commandments of Character Optimization 5/5 Rice Crispy Treats

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Some neat land shapes and archipelago's to work with. Will be interesting to see where this goes.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Why thank you and yes I was going for the loose islands look, so I'm glad I got that right. This will be a campaign setting I am working on, and have just started for a new game, I'm still not sure where to start at this point, but I'm going to do a rough geography of 1 continent and then move out from there as the campaign goes on. Thankfully i made the map very large with a decent PPI so i can just zoom in and do the details.
    Surgeon's General Warning
    Heathan causes brain tumors, mass hysteria, random acts of violence, road rage, drunken nudity, world peace, 'the munchies', white noise, insanity, cthulu, anal leakage, METAL, presence of extraterrestrial, the freeing of ‘twins’, SNEAK ATTACK!, smoking, alcoholism, unadulterated awesomeness, and GANGSTA.

Eberron Ecologies 4/5 Rice Crispy Treats (by me and some other folks).
    The Ten Commandments of Character Optimization 5/5 Rice Crispy Treats