Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jhadalaia

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I totally agree with the Steel One. Anytime that you learn something the time is not wasted. I often tell my glass students that you can't really learn unless you make a mistake...if you get it right the very first time I consider that to be more luck than learning. Anyway, I wouldn't stop on it...finish it up and maybe lay the groundwork for future revisions. You'll learn even more along the way.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Oh, I learned heaps. I've finally got forests, water and grasslands that I'm happy with. Still experimenting wiht other terrain types and need to get mountain placement and shape to look right.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

I like the look you have going as well.

Now I don't know if I speak for everyone, but every time I look at someone's maps my mind blossoms with ideas. Often times I think about how I might create a similar look. In the end, for me, these forums become more of a brainstorm session than anything else and as anyone familiar with the concept of Brainstorming knows you just keep building and bouncing off of everyone's ideas.

In the end, you just might come out with something you never expected but beyond anything you dreamed.

Keep up the good work and you might want to put this in the finished works just so later you can look back and see how far you have come.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Now I don't know if I speak for everyone, but every time I look at someone's maps my mind blossoms with ideas. Often times I think about how I might create a similar look. In the end, for me, these forums become more of a brainstorm session than anything else and as anyone familiar with the concept of Brainstorming knows you just keep building and bouncing off of everyone's ideas.

In the end, you just might come out with something you never expected but beyond anything you dreamed.
    Quote for truthiness.

I would like to post this map in the finished section but as my next map will repeat a lot of place names it doesn't feel right.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12