Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: City Maps Galore (Pen-n-Paper)

I honestly cannot remeber exactly when I did this city, but I believe it would have been around 1986-89.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ferringio.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	772  

This map was done around 1991 and is a small trade town located a few miles from the next map in this post.

Name:	Veron.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	773  

This was done around the same time as the previous map, and reflects the larger city up the river from the trade town of Veron.

Name:	Jeclor'Sevid.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	774  

One of my BIG CITY projects, the City of Nerl. This city spans two sheets of Scietific Millimeter Graph paper.

Name:	NERL.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	775  

This city I have no clue as to what it is supposed to be. I cannot remeber for the life of me, with spending time perusing me World Map to try and place it. Anyways, it is obviously very unfinished, and comprises 4 sheets of Scientific Graph paper. One day I hope to finish it.

Name:	Unknown City.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	776  

Map making since before I was born man. :: salute :: Keep em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Venardhi View Post
    Map making since before I was born man. :: salute :: Keep em coming.
    Yep, back then it was:

Pilot Fineliner, Color Pencil Crayons, a Pack of Scietific Graph Paper, a ruler, Black Pilot Marker, and a lot of time to draw, draw, draw!

That's about it for city maps i have loose. I have a few more in some duotangs i collected together to make gazateers, but most of those are maybe a city map, a couple town and a bunch villages/forts.

I'll see what I can do, and thanks for the encouragement.

Default Old School!!!

These are great and definitely bring back memories. Kudos to you not only for your obvious skill in conceiving and creating these maps, but the consistent care with which you've clearly handled them over the years. My own maps from that time period, in addition to being vastly inferior in both scope and execution, are nowhere near a scannable state.

BTW, I'm not sure if Jürgen Hubert will read this (I know he's been on this site), but he's developing a fascinating (and absolutely MASSIVE) campaign world called Urbis where huge cities and metropolises are a key component. His efforts have recently turned collaborative and if you'd be open to sharing your maps or the thought processes behind them, I'll bet Jürgen would appreciate it.

If he doesn't read this and reply you can find him and his setting by following the link above.
    Post your maps in the context they belong in - your world! - at Eruvian.com. Be a builder of worlds...!

Now that's an impressive collection of hand drawn maps! It will be interesting to see them "translated" into CD3. Our tastes are also very similar I see - there were a lot of great Forgotten Realms maps back in the day coming out of TSR, and I still love that style today even though there have been so many advances in RPG mapping since then (which is cool too!).

Default City Maps Comments...

NeonKnight, wow! Thank you for putting those old maps of yours up, they brought back memories for me as well. The old FR hardback was an excellent sourcebook and your "inspirations" from it are colorfully done. I especially liked the fifth map you posted from around 1990 at it reminded me of some long ago adventures (and misadventures) in Zhentil Keep.

You mentioned there might be more maps to the sea fortress of Rocky Port. Should you be able to find them and feel like posting them, please do.
    Last edited by thebax2k; 09-09-2007 at 02:51 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast