Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local paper put in article about me...

Its not fare. I publish all kinds of stuff for TRAVELLER and nothing...he publishes one suploment for Pathfinder and BOOM Front page!

Ha ha, Kudos to you.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    Its not fare. I publish all kinds of stuff for TRAVELLER and nothing...he publishes one suploment for Pathfinder and BOOM Front page!

Ha ha, Kudos to you.
    Well, I don't know about Traveller, I have always wanted to play it yet never have. I don't do Pathfinder either, but if you look around it is clear that Pathfinder is all the rage right now. Sometimes it just pays to be in the right place at the right time. Hopefully, it will pay off for GP cuz then he'll have more money to donate naturally.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Post Its a small town newspaper...

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post

Ha ha, Kudos to you.
    Actually the article is for a small town newspaper (circulation 60,000+) only. Its not like an article in the Chicago Tribune or something - for what its worth.

I am a bit of a marketer, online and in person - it hasn't made me rich, but I can get the attention I seek when I want it. Its a skill I've gotten from my day job, as a graphic artist for my own shop. If you don't market, you don't get a response.

Actually the guy that wrote the article (actually I wrote it), but the guy's name attached, is also an author and I've done some personal work to help promote his book, so he was a connection in getting this article done. If I hadn't known him, the article might never have come to be.

Contact your local paper, Someguy, maybe they'd be willing to post an article for you!

Thanks everyone for your positive responses!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

We did something like this for our stained glass shop when we were repairing some Frank Lloyd Wright windows about 11 years ago...but it cost us money. They charge for stuff like that here. I don't remember how much it was, I want to say $500, and then we tried to do the same thing for one of those local morning news shows but that was going to cost $3,000 so we didn't do it. I guess they look on this sort of thing as advertising so around here ya gotta pay for the exposure. Left me quite jaded.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post Pay for it?

Actually this cost me nothing.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

hehe, see, it pays to have friends.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12