Thread: Just some maps I've made

Post Just some maps I've made

The world is untitled, but the specific region focused on in the other maps is called Dannorlan. I posted the first one here a while ago.

These ones lack labels because they have not been completed. I create a bunch of maps of the same world in different styles because it is easier to compare results than when using different areas.

My ultimate goal will be to create a massive map of a world I've developed for a long time, but its a long-term project, and as a hobby for free time during college, there's no reason to rush it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dannorlan whole world map.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	19726   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dannorlan fant style1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	669.8 KB 
ID:	19727   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dannorlan fant style 2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	19728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dannorlan sat style 1.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	605.3 KB 
ID:	19729  
    "I AM THE LAW!"
    - Flaming Fist Mercenary

My Art / Photos / Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff...I really like the 1st & the 4th ones.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That fourth one really shows some promise...but I like that sort of style to begin with. The first and second need a lil more development and the third looks to be in the early stages. Nice work all around, though.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Impressive. Have a touch of rep from me. It's always interesting to see the same area in different styles like that.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well, like I said over on DA, those're great. Post more! (And have some rep.)

Thanks

I'm going to make a good version in two styles, one is sort of like the third, the other is like the fourth. Not the same, but similar style, and there will actually be labels and everything.

It takes a long time for me to complete a map because I'm always "fixing" things, changing fonts and sizes, etctera.

Funny thing with DA is that once I subscribed to a few popular artists, my inbox has become full of dozens of messages every day. Its kind of annoying because I start missing things.

And I just learned that I can choose what I receive messages about I suppose that would have helped...
    "I AM THE LAW!"
    - Flaming Fist Mercenary

My Art / Photos / Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LS-Jebus View Post
    Funny thing with DA is that once I subscribed to a few popular artists, my inbox has become full of dozens of messages every day. Its kind of annoying because I start missing things.

And I just learned that I can choose what I receive messages about I suppose that would have helped...
    Heh. Same with me. Now that I know I don't have to read everyone's journal and just concentrate on looking at the art itself, it's so much smoother...