Thread: Nissian Spiral

Map Nissian Spiral

Hey All! Happy Boxing Day!

The kids were off with their new Christmas stuff, so I found myself with some free time today to do some experimenting with Sketchup. I came up with something that looks kinda' cool, but not terribly useful. It's akin to the underground maps that Karen Fonstad produced for her various atlases.

As I said, I don't think this would be very useful for roleplaying. Any ideas for making it more "useful" would be appreciated...

-rlucci
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NessianSpiral.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	19762  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That looks like a space station needing a skin to me...pretty cool.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

didn't see the second i in the title at first... though this was some spam for a japanese car. :p

looks fairly cool, though as Ascension said a skin would help the feel

as for the "usefulness", what else did you have in mind to use it for?

Looks pretty cool. About the only way I can think of to make this useful in-game is to texture it and bring it into a 3D viewer of some sort - a game engine editor would be cool - and show the players scenes from first-person perspective as they explore. That would actually be very cool...though I expect it's a lot of work.

Is this from Paizo's Council of Thieves adventure path? The name rings a bell and the overall layout reminds me of the map there...but I've been focusing on running Rise of the Runelords so I've just been putting flipping through the new issues when they arrive and putting them on the shelf.
    M