3 6.52%
  • T'was da night afore whipslash - by Ascension

0 0%
  • Orcish Victory Memorial - by Xyll

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** Dec 09 Challenge Voting - Wishing you an orcish christmas ***

Post *** Dec 09 Challenge Voting - Wishing you an orcish christmas ***

Thank you to everyone for entering this month's fun challenge. Sadly (must be time of the year) there were a number of withdrawals from people who ran out of time (I have moved these to the archive). No matter, there are still a goodly number of choices!

PLEASE VOTE FOR 1 ENTRY

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE THUMBNAILS

(Please note when viewing the thumbnails that Gamer Printer's entry has multiple images which do not appear in the thumbnail)

The Rules were:
    We would like to see a festive map from the point of view of an orc. Any scale. You may think of orcs whose best christmas would be to see Minas Tirith in flames. Or perhaps something more gentle. It is up to you.

Your map must:

* Have a winter theme.
    * Be seen from the point of view of orcs.

Feel free to festoon your map with all sorts of Orcish goodness and even better if you map tells an orcish story.

-----------------------

Thanks to everyone who took part, thanks to everyone for voting and a very Orcish Christmas and New Year to all!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Any other month and this is a tough vote but for me, at least, there's only one choice. Lazy brain cells for the win.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Well it's a tough choice for me.

In the end I think I'll plump for Dkekspek's absolutely beautiful map. I didn't vote for his last month as, beautiful as it was, I didn't get that it was a map as much as a piece of art. This month I absolutely LOVE his entry.
    I was torn between that and Gamerprinter's wonderful map which would have gotten my second vote had I had one.
    As much as I like Synapticslack's entry it just doesn't seem very mappy to me. I should have marked my entry as withdrawn by the way as that sketch took me about two minutes to do and is really no more than a declaration of intent that was never fulfilled. :$

Anyway, good luck to all entrants.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Gamerprinter's Yuleblood gets my vote. Props to synapticslack and Djekspek for good entries!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Yuleblood for me

Okay this was a hard decision.
    I voted for Gamerprinter because of the big overall concept of his story and map.

Post I voted for Sapiento

I voted for Sapiento, primarily because the style of map influenced how I finally determined the direction of my map - as a hand-drawn objects placed type map, beyond that there's little similarity. Plus in voting for Sapiento, since his map uses Ramah's objects - its like getting to vote for two!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I voted for synapticslack's map, it made me laugh for a whole day. Brilliant idea, brilliantly made!

My vote this time had to go to Gamerprinter/Yuleblood...though I wish I'd had two votes so I could also have placed one for Djekspek's entry. I guess I'm a big fan of the hand-drawn look. Nice work all. I'll go around repping when I get a moment.
    M

Blog Entries

I thought there were lots of worthy candidates this month, but my vote went for Young Orc's Christmas Battle Plan by synapticslack. It managed to be extremely imaginative while retaining the primary qualifier of being a map. It love good art, but I want to encourage the essential cartographical element in our challenges.

The poems and stories were great fun! I wish I'd been able to participate. Good job all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast