Thread: Austro-Hungarian Empire

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Austro-Hungarian Empire

Hurrah, my first commission!

My mother in law is giving a speech in Vienna to the Market research industry and as part of her power point presentation she wanted a graphic map showing how much of modern Europe the Austo-Hungarian empire bordered before they made the slight misjudgement of going to war with Britain, the Commonwealth, and France in 1914. (Well OK, the US turned up late, but they got there in the end and made the difference!).

So here is the before and after of their borders.

All done in Serif Drawplus 8. The process was pretty easy. Got a modern political map of Europe off the web and traced the borders. The cartouches were nicked from Wikipedia.

After doing this job, my love affair with vector drawing programmes for maps over raster ones is complete. It's just so easy to change stuff you're not happy with.

I wanted to make a two second animated gif where the '1913' border morphed into the 'today' border, but in Serif that would have meant blending about 40 steps between the two borders and saving each as separate image. Does anyone know of an easier way to do it? Morphing software?

All C&Cs welcomed!

Ravs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.png 
Views:	26494 
Size:	365.3 KB 
ID:	784   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.png 
Views:	1114 
Size:	294.6 KB 
ID:	785