Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stay a while and listen...

Post Stay a while and listen...

Hey there, Warden reporting in. How I got such a awesome name in a forum with so many users, I know not, but it never seizes to amaze me how people miss out using it as their name. <3

Anyway, anyhow, I am what you would call "just another fantasy geek" who has fallen to the curse of trying to write his own book. Yeah...and obviously I kinda got stuck mulling over the lands and maps. I haven't taken art in 5 years and my best mate is busy with other stuff...so I guess I need foreign help with my maps.

In near future I shall be bombarding you lovely people with requests and do hope that I will find myself someone who is interested enough to take on the gigantic challenge of building worlds. And I also hope that no-one here is very hateful towards High-Fantasy genre as I have had plenty of things thrown at me for merely mentioning it...make maps not war!

About myself? Why, of course! I am a wee lad living in Finland having moved there 2 years ago from England where I lived for another two years...nationality? Estonian. Where's that? Right there in between Finland and Latvia, also bordering Russia and having a large chunk of Baltic Sea right on its doorstep. A lovely country.

...but then again I have gotten some national pride from reading about our history and etc...

In three years I shall be learning Literature and History in a decent enough University, but till then I am just trying to survive the headache that's maths and physics. I am not into those subjects...not my thing.

All that, though, is quite irrelevant as I am indeed eating a orange and drinking coffee. Now I have said all that needs to be said!

Best Regards,

Warden

Blog Entries

You don't think that eating an orange at the same time as drinking coffee spoils the taste of the coffee?

Welcome to the board.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    You don't think that eating an orange at the same time as drinking coffee spoils the taste of the coffee?

Welcome to the board.
    Coffee spoils the taste of orange, more like...but thanks for all the warm welcome!

Watch out for the Butcher...

Welcome!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Watch out for the Butcher...

Welcome!
    I just played DotA...o'I will look out for him!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    In near future I shall be bombarding you lovely people with requests and do hope that I will find myself someone who is interested enough to take on the gigantic challenge of building worlds. And I also hope that no-one here is very hateful towards High-Fantasy genre as I have had plenty of things thrown at me for merely mentioning it...make maps not war!
    In all honesty, I can think of only one person who would be completely on board with tackling this type of challenge: YOU. Sure, try the Request Forum out, and for the short term, it will suit your needs (and some real quality is there too) but in the long run the best results usually (as far as your personal satisfaction goes) will come through your own effort.

This Forum is dedicated to the making of, and aiding in, the creation of awesome maps. Period. Whatever the genre. We are quite willing to help people take their first steps and then heap mounds of accolades when they are finally able to shrug off our helping hands and start making true artwork all by themselves

And believe me, it does not take as much time as you might think either. The first step is to choose a prog and then follow some tuts and create SOMETHING. Post that something in the WIP threads and watch your skills improve by leaps and bounds.

By the way, Welcome and have fun.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Never said that I won't be willing to give it a try myself, just feeling a little cautious about undertaking the task of learning how to do 'em. I am more then tight on time and many things which I am doing at the moment should have been done yesterday, but the maps (once I get to the stage where I really-really need them) are a necessity. But that all comes when it comes, 'till then I am just happy with browsing and trying things myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    I also hope that no-one here is very hateful towards High-Fantasy genre as I have had plenty of things thrown at me for merely mentioning it.
    What?! You want to bring Dope smoking elves into this place? What sort of lunacy is that? hehe.

I don't think you will have any problems kicking whatever subject you want to around here, so long as there is a map involved.

Welcome aboard
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast