Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nothing Fancy. Tavern Basement.

Post Nothing Fancy. Tavern Basement.

Here is my first indoor battle map. It's going to be the first encounter of my campaign, the big baddies.... Rats! LOL. Since I have new players, this will give them a good test run for the d20 battle system. I am going to be making all my battle maps to scale so that I can print and make dungeon tiles.

I plan to custom make as many things as possible myself. As I develop items and doodads, I will create a package and post it here for everyone to use.

Made this with Photoshop CS3. Critique is of course welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tavern_Basement.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	19824  

Thanks for the comment. Here is the floorboard texture I used. I hope it serves you well!

Name:	PlanksOld.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	19830  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks pretty good except the missing doors
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Being a basement there would be no door. There is however, a trapdoor in the floor above, rather than a door against the wall.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Oh ok so that thing in the top left is the stairs...my bad. I thought it was a table but now looking closer I can make out a light gradient.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by JDCt View Post
    Thanks for the comment. Here is the floorboard texture I used. I hope it serves you well!
    Thank you! Have some rep by way of thanks!

No worries. Once I have set up a few more of my battle maps, I will have more stuff to share with the community, as I said. I hope to make a full package for everyone to use.

*Edit*

So, I was just thinking... What would be the best way to package these things? I have a couple options that I am mulling over. Either make them individual patterns, (brushes don't seem to work) Or I could just make a bunch of transparent PNG files... I assume the PNG files would probably be the best?
    Last edited by JDCt; 12-28-2009 at 06:47 PM.

So here is an update on the tavern! I figured just in case, it would be best to make a map of the upper level as well. Even though the first encounter is supposed to be in the basement, you never know with players... They may very well start a fight with drunken patrons. lol.
    It isn't quite finished yet. I still need a wood stove and a trap door to the basement. Just wanted some input to see how I am coming along.

Cheers!

Name:	Tavern_Main.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	19858  

Needs giant Kegs for the beer...
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast