Thread: Hey! Coming from alphaalex

Post Hey! Coming from alphaalex

Heya guys, hope you all enjoyed your Christmas/Hanukkah (although that was a while back.)

I am technically alphaalex - but I much prefer alphaalex.

I have always been a great cartographer - or at least thought I was - until I came to this site where I realised that actually I was the dumps. So I am here to learn - teach me.

Thanks

Post Post what you've got

Welcome to the Guild!

The two best ways to learn on this site is to post whatever your current maps look like. Best to post something that you're currently working on, then ask for critiques. We'll do that, but point out to different techniques using whatever software you're working with. We've got lots of gurus on different apps - not all software, mind you, but offering suggestions that should still help.

Once you're comfortable using different techniques to create elements of a given map, then participating in the monthly challenges is the best way to learn. Because of the deadline (usually only 25 days with the remaining for final submission and voting.) We've got a lite version, so the newbies, like yourself have a better chance at winning. (Usually, no prize, just an ego thing and a badge under your name.)

I've learned more on making better maps by participating in the challenges, than anything else on this site.

Still check out the tutorials, follow through step by step, ask questions when you are stuck, and the author or other contributor will guide you to success.

Explore the site, there's lots to learn - and do the tutorials, start posting maps (no matter how lame you think they are) as they might have great potential, and when you think you're ready jump into the challenges!

That's my advice, again welcome!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

FRESH MEAT!!

Nah, everyone here is very helpful so you came to the right place. Lots of tutorials I can't seem to follow but that's just me, at least I learn something every time I do one.

Jump in and have fun!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt