Thread: City of Dis

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected zhar2's Avatar

Post City of Dis

Well this is a draft of a city im designing just becouse i felt like it, im planning to complete this map in detail but since the city is just huge there wont a detail map of every street & instead ill be making a few maps of key representative areas.
    I partly choose that large size cos it will be a challenge, i tried generating the whole city but the program keep crashing for obvious reasons lol.

lets see how far i get with it.

(btw, yes the river is BIG)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dis.png 
Views:	292 
Size:	560.9 KB 
ID:	19859  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I look forward to seeing the second biggest city in Hell (after the capital of Pandaemonium). Hope to see lots of flames and sinners
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected zhar2's Avatar

Nah i just choose the name cos i like & i might give it a metaphorical connection, but intend for it to be a modern city.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Modern city, Hell...same thing
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Population 522 million? I'm looking forward to seeing how you're going to draw the buildings (or building zones, since you mentioned individual buildings might be out of the question).