Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thieves Guild map for publication

Sweet style you are developing. Looking forward to seeing what's next.

Only critique is that the scaling on the larger doors is pretty apparent. Maybe some of the floorboards too? It looks great but it'd look better IMO if you touched up the larger doors (the knob mainly).
    M

Wip Fixes and additions...

m69 - redrew the floorboards at appropriate scale, and redid the doors on the carter's house and stable. I added a couple of horses in the stable, created a 4 wheeled cart for the carter house, and filled in the intended roof over the barrelmaker's shop, and over the tunnel to sewer access. I threw in some furniture in the tavern. I plan to place a stairway, and understair closet with trapdoor into guild area below. Need to finish the outhouse culdesac, top alley, create a few barrels and boxes, and a water barrel or two, oh and fully furnish the bootmaker's shop - then call the topside map complete. I need to detail the four "offices" of the under street map and call that complete.

Next week, I'll do the Beggar's Guild and call this project complete.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	under-street-topside.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	19979  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Great stuff. Repped.
    M

Wip Topside map done!

OK, the topside map for the Thieves Guild is complete. I added some barrels and boxes into the various buildings. I created some rain barrels in the courtyard, collecting water from the gutters above.

I created a back staircase going up the back end of the tavern. Notice the far left side has a transparency showing the hallway under the stairs with the trapdoor leading into the Guild operations chamber beneath. Also a trapdoor in the Bootmaker's shop next to the bed, that leads directly to the Guildmaster's office down below.

Finished up by placing the cobbled culdesac containing the courtyard's outhouse.

Last tweaks to the Understreet Guild to finish that up today.

Edit: noticed some screwy layers, so fixed it and reuploaded map...

GP

Name:	topside-guildmap.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	20002  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-04-2010 at 07:21 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Map Under Street Guild Map done!

Under Street Thieves Guild map done!

GP

Name:	under-street-guild-map.jpg 
Views:	1301 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	20018  
    DrivethruRPG store

Post Beggars Guild map

And to finish off the set of maps, so can get to work on some commission maps, here's the Beggars Guild. Its a large converted old warehouse. The top right room is the kitchen dining room, I picture a big tub of gruel, rarely stew, even more rarely honey cakes. Like a school lunch room, the dining room can't handle the whole guild, so meals are served in shifts.

The top center room is a common area with tables to hold all members playing cards, sharing stories, maybe some exercise or rolling dice/gambling in the open space. I figure the large bay doors on the top center lead to a street, while the bottom bay doors open to an alley or even canal. The table by itself on the wooden floor side chamber is for the "guild masters".

The right center room is a classroom to learn "begging techniques, strategies, rules."

The closed of section of three beds and a toilet are for the "guild masters" or senior beggars.

Main guild member barracks room on the far left. They have no personal lockers beyond the clothes on their back (everything belongs to the guild.) The beds are on a single table-like rack two feet off the floor with individual straw beds, one on each side of the hall.

Appropriate fireplaces throughout to keep things warm, but its a large former warehouse, thus far from fire means being cold at night and winter.

This set is now complete.

GP

Name:	beggars-guild.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	20079  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-07-2010 at 03:59 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Solid work! I really like the topside map, especially the work in the stones/paths.
    Unless otherwise noted, all of my posted work is free for use and redistribution under
    the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12