Thread: Thieves Guild map for publication

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Thieves Guild map for publication

I decided it was time I finished a couple projects. This one is for my collaborative publication with Johnn Four of Roleplayingtips Newsletter and Yax of Gamemastery/4e Blog. This is intended to be a PDF download, sold through RPGNow and Johnn & Yax's online sites, newsletters, blogs, etc.

I probably won't post the final version until after publication, but here's a WIP of what I'm doing so far. The style needed is my Xara enhanced hand-drawn style, which needs to match the Assassin's Lair from the June Challenge, as that map will too be published as part of the same publication.

After this, I need to create a Beggar's Guild map in similar style.

In this map, notice the staired tunnel on the east end, which leads to the sewer on the south end of the map. Notice where that tunnel reaches the sewer - just west of the stairs is a drainage pipe, that is one of the secret entrances into the guild area. The stairs at the top center leads from a hidden portal in the alley above. There will be one more access via a ladder in one of the chambers - leading from an outhouse in an open courtyard above.

The three darkened chambers, including the one at center just north of the sewer tunnel - the one with the haystack inside, are all cellars from the shops topside, however, they have no direct connection to the guild area.

This was completely hand-drawn at scale (16" x 20"), then given 3D bevels in Xara, along with shadowing, and the transparent sewer water.

Here's what I have so far - unfurnished for now.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	under-street-guild.jpg 
Views:	1165 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	19884  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-30-2009 at 10:10 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations