Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, at the map-a-holics anonymous meeting...

Post Meanwhile, at the map-a-holics anonymous meeting...

*stands up slowly from his chair positioned in the circle of chairs*

Hello, Trog's name is Trog and Trog's a map-a-holic. It's been two years since Trog's last introduction.

*A chorus of unenthusiastic "hello, Trog" greets him in response*

Er... well see it all started out when Trog was young and got sucked into fantasy literature - a gateway drug for map-a-holics, really. Soon Trog was puchasing Zelda games and Middle Earth Role Playing and eventually turned to the hard stuff... Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.

At first things were good - Trog was just a player and not making the maps like the DM. Then Trog got appointed as the group's map-maker. Mapping out the Temple of Elemental Evil and... well... Trog knew Trog was hooked when Trog was able to discover a secret room because there was a gap in my map that looked like it should be filled somehow. Soon after Trog became a DM and... well... it was all downhill from there, really.

Trog bottomed out and majored in Art in college and became a graphic artist. Soon Trog was making maps in the corners of ads and flyers so the customer knew where to go. Other departments had Trog make maps for them. Fire escape exit maps, Illustrations for a story on a recent city land acquisition. You name it, Trog'd map it.

At home Trog kept coming up with more and more home brew settings for the gaming group. Always something new. Always a new map. No one understood...

*looks up hopefully*

And then Trog found this place. A place full of people like Trog who love maps. And make really great ones, too. And Trog learned that it's okay to like to make them and giving up mapping isn't needed.

*looks around and smiles sheepishly*

Er... Trog's... uh... already went through a lot of the threads and... uh... nabbed textures and uh... other people's maps for his private at-home use for his campaign because... well... a great many of them are better than what Trog is capable of at the moment. But Trog'll catch up here soon.

Anyway, that's Trog's story in a nutshell.

Er... so what does a troglodyte have to do to get a drink around here? This place have a bar or what?
    *wanders off to search for White Russian ingredients*

Welcome to the Guild!

And Repped for the Cool Intro!
    Last edited by NeonKnight; 12-31-2009 at 06:08 PM.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I guess trogs are a step up from gobbos...A very short step mind you, so Welcome and have some more rep
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

White Russian? Is Trog a girl, mayhab?

Welcome Trog, nice intro.

Welcome and loved your intro!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Welcome to the Guild!
    Why thank you. Trog imagines that there's some sort of guild dues that must be paid or something. Or an apprenticeship that last a few years or something like that. Trog'll get the hang of it sooner or later. *sips White Russian he fanagled out of the Finished Maps reception area wet bar*

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    I guess trogs are a step up from gobbos...A very short step mind you, so Welcome and have some more rep
    Trogs are a great deal of a step above goblins Trog'll have you know. Why, we're the finest manufacturers of smokeables this side of that one place... you know... with the midgets... who live in holes... and uh eat a lot. And you can't get much more civilized than that.

Well... Trog supposes you could... though why one would bother is beyond Trog.

Anyhoo, as Trog was saying, we manufacture Coffin Nail™ Brand Cigarettes.
    *lights up one and flashes advertisement*

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    White Russian? Is Trog a girl, mayhab?
    Nope. Trog's all male. Just like The Dude. Trog also gets the feeling this question is thrown out a lot around these parts. But of course we all know that there are no girls on the internets.

*wanders off to the supply cabinet to look for grid paper and pencils*

((I don't really smoke and don't recommend that anyone do so... but Trogs will be Trogs after all. ))
    Last edited by Trog; 01-01-2010 at 02:11 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

Does Trog always refer to itself in the 3rd Trog (person)?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer MadCartographer's Avatar

MadCartographer thinks the into is way cool (have some rep) and thinks the 3rd person refererance is kinda cool but rarley does it himself.

MadCartographer will be wandering over to Trogs Page here to check out what may be posted, hoping to see some of the Trog's maps.

But first MadCartographer may wander over to the bar for a large glass of grog.
    _________
    User of:
    CC2 & CC3, FT Pro Exclusively.
    If it's ProFantasy, I'm using it.

nicly done , nice to see people with a sence of humor you brightened my day so have some rep mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast