Thread: Features of good dungeon tiles?

Post Features of good dungeon tiles?

Hi. I am looking for advice on making dungeon tiles. What features would you like to see in a good set of dungeon tiles? What are the things you don't like about bad dungeon tiles?

Thanks.

I like a nice hard surface that's water resistant. If possible, a little bit of flex and a nice back to help with adherence to the mortar bed. I really would avoid soft, brittle, and porous tiles like travertine if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by aramis View Post
    Hi. I am looking for advice on making dungeon tiles. What features would you like to see in a good set of dungeon tiles? What are the things you don't like about bad dungeon tiles?

Thanks.
    I think tiles should be as generic as possible. I'm looking for pieces like 4x1 hallways, 3x3 rooms and other pieces that I can drag onto a virtual tabletop to create a dungeon on the fly. I used to have a set of those tiles on my last hard drive, pre-crash, but I can't seem to find them anywhere now.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Are these for physical dungeon tiles or tiles for a vtt? That will certainly change the things people look for.

Roger - check out the vtt forum here. I've got a set of Dungeon tiles that are CC licensed if they are useful for you. What vtt are you using?