Thread: [taken][unpaid]simple map- FRPG village

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Post [taken][unpaid]simple map- FRPG village

hi folks!
    im just learnig how to do dungeon maps, so it will take more time till i get how to do urban scenarios

i would like to request if possible a simple map for a village.
    informations:

-its for a retro clone d&D adventure im writing, so i will give the artist the credits for it. its a non-profit project, so neither me or the artist will make money of it.

-its a small village , with almost 100 villagers. most are artisans/craftsman and a few farmers. the main profit of the village came from wondering adventurers and the craftsmen work. its very near to a hill

-since its a retro clone, im looking for a "old school" 1ed/basic D&D feeeling , like the one in module T1-Village of Hommlet, B2- The Keep on the Borderlands or the Siege of Bodenburg. they are simple, with some trees, nature and houses. no need for inside the house maps.

-the village could pass unnoticiable in the "world map". its suppose to be a generic village that could fit in any regular fantasy game, so theres not a road that leads to a capital city or a market point. it could have some simple roads inside the village, though.

-im not in such a hurry, but if possible, i would like to send my adventure at the end of the month, so the map should be ready by then.

-i think its suppose to fit a A4 paper, but i could use half of that. either way its good.

-theres only a couple of houses that must have, because of the history:
      1. a blacksmith
      2. a small chapel. the chapel must be "in touch" with a hill. the adventure takes place when someone accidently brakes a wall in the chapel and discover a tunnel to inside the hill.
      3. a small house, the smaller house of the village, for a lonely old man and his friend
      4. a tavern

well, i think this is it, any help will be very apretiated!
    Last edited by rossik; 01-01-2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: i forgot to mention something