Thread: January Entry : Port Maglie Waterfront

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post January Entry : Port Maglie Waterfront

Ok, I am doing most everything for the first time here so I am not sure how to really tackle the concept however, this is where I started (Not sure if this is where I will continue):

I'm looking at the Port Magalie 'Waterfront Market' area. I figure I need to pull that area in and start defining it so I do that. I take a screen shot and then draw in all my building lines. (I don't know if I will design all of them yet but at least as many as I have time for.)

Below is what I have. Now, the problem is that even though I'm zoomed in around 500x it's still the same size as the original. I don't know about you but I've got a problem drawing anything more in there, LOL. Using the scale provided on the original map 1 pixel is 10 feet (unless I screwed that up). This means many of my market buildings are like 40' x 40' in size which is fine but at the moment they are only 4 pixels wide.

Question for those who know: Do I just create a new image at say 400 x 400 and draw that way or do you just blow out the stops, go large, and scale down later? Is this something I just need to experiment with and find my own method?

pfft, I used a transparent layer so the thumb looks odd. Guess I should have used a white one to draw on. Easier to see what I'm looking at if you view image. HA! See, there is no zoom, the thumb is the actual size. I need to go visit the super collider and split my pixels so I have something to work with.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt