Thread: Hello all

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hello all

Hi everyone. I'm 20 years old, and live in the U.S. My interest in maps is primarily fueled by the desire to make a decent setting for my conlangs (constructed languages, for those who might not know) to be spoken in, but I've also always just liked maps. As of now I have the outline of the landmasses for my world map, but my attempts to fill those in with details have all led to failure and frustration, so any help WILL be appreciated . As for programs, I have GIMP and I'm familiar with the basic features, but I'm beginning to think that I'll probably need to learn quite a bit more to do what I want. Thanks for all future help and guidance!

Welcome to the Guild! I'm still new myself, but the fact that you conlang caught my eye. I've sort of-not really got a conlang in the works, for a conworld. xP

And take a peek into the Tutorials section - there are amazing tuts here, especially some GIMP ones!

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Howdy and welcome. Plenty of conlangers here so be sure to check out what others are currently working on or have done.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.