Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D&D Campaign Continent Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post D&D Campaign Continent Map

Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a D&D campaign. Having gone through the era of Everquest and loved it (the game literally sucked 2 years of my life), I am now trying to recreate a similar experience with a younger generation in the form of a tabletop RPG using D&D4E.

I came across Tear's Saderan tutorial and am simply thankful for it! As I'm not really a Photoshop guy, it took me a while to try and understand how and why the layers were used. I think I'm still trying to squeeze in the information into my little head. With another map showing part of the region, I came to understand a little more about the tutorial's workflow.

I'd like to share my work-in-progress on mapping out the continents and 'zones', and hope you will like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldMap.jpg 
Views:	22045 
Size:	782.3 KB 
ID:	19916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Region_Rowan(DM).jpg 
Views:	3791 
Size:	611.7 KB 
ID:	19917  

Looks pretty good. a couple of possible tweaks.

Some of the text seems hard to read (Could just be me, i'm red/green colorbline)

Also,

You call the one map city of Rowan and plains. Is it a city state system?? If so, i would make Rowan itself stand out a bit more.

I like the ocean and land. very nice
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Looks pretty darn good!

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback.

@ Davros01: You're right. The text are hard to read. I made the maps at 1650 x 1650 and higher, and when I viewed it at a smaller resolution, some of the text are so small that they are almost non-readable. The yellow glow on a green terrain probably worsened it. I'll try to fix the colors and font size when I update the map. The region map title will probably be changed too, as using the city name as the title is quite misleading. I'm experimenting using drawing images to represent the locations (city, towns, villages, caves, etc.) rather than icons. I think those may work better.

For those interested in tabletop RPGs, I've posted the progress of the D&D campaign with the town map, Wintervale.

Looks pretty good to me. Like your Wintervale map too. Have some rep for posting nice maps...and for fostering the next generation of non-digital gamers!
    M

It's more than nice... it looks very good. Have some rep.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Nice work mate these are pretty good , have some rep

Thanks, everyone.

Blog Entries

Very nice looking map indeed. Tear's tutorial is wonderful and there are loads of excellent maps being created from it. Great stuff.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast