Thread: The Small Nation of Vumhine

Map The Small Nation of Vumhine

Decided to move call my regional map finished and go back to working on the other parts of my campaign. Pretty much the same as the last version I posted in my WIP thread, though it's a tad smaller and the background changed to suit the forum the game will be held in. A few other areas are named but I don't want to clutter the map with more text.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vumhine.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	19924  

This is really great, Vard5! Amazing even. My only regret is that the map is so small... you don't have a bigger version I guess? I would love to see some more detail.

Have some rep!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Map

For you viewing pleasure here is the full sized version. This is the resolution I used to draw it.

The scale has been turned off from this version because after checking distances it seems somewhere along the line I made a mistake with my calculations or scaling and my so called small nation has become the size of Australia. Thinking it's probably off by a factor of 4 and 100 miles in the smaller version should be 25 miles.

Of course the map was never intended to be viewed at this resolution. You can see all my mistakes

Note that this is a large attachment. Just over a meg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vumhine_Handdrawn_400+.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	19942  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Bigger = much better for me to see so that I can learn. Good job, mate.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This turned out quite nicely, and as Ascension said bigger = better in my opinion as well.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Very clean and clear map. I really dig your hand-drawn style.

I don't know if I would have gone with that typeface. It feels more modern and casual than the style of the map.

The map itself is great, though I'd love to see more texture on the ocean.

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions fellow cartographers..

Choosing the right typeface was turning into a headache, I really wasn't sure what I wanted from it. Having to edit each text item separately in photoshop was becoming rather a pain. If the mood strikes me I might revisit it, more than likely that'll happen after I need to draw another map and find a better font for it.

As for the ocean texture.. or lack of.. it wasn't something I actually considered at the time but if I get around to doing a revision on the map I will definitely give it a go.