Thread: Evedalaia Regions WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Evedalaia Regions WIP

Here is my latest WIP, instead of working on large maps I've broken a country down into several small maps so i can do large detailed maps of small areas. I've broken down my country of Evedalaia into three smaller maps, this is the southern region of Evedalaia, the Rainlands, an isthmus (is that the right word?) covered in forests and marshes and known for it's vast amounts of wet weather.

I've done most of the map and I'm doing the final details now, I wanted to run it by you guys before i mark it down as complete.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Rainlands.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	4.22 MB 
ID:	19929  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks pretty good.

Is it supposed to be "The Northern Marshes" or "Marches"?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

This looks really good so far, the detail of the costs is good, and there is a real sense of cohesion in the place names. The only thing that stands out is the course of the Oda river close to its source. It seems that the river goes the long way around to reach the ocean rather than flowing from the mountains directly into that small bay by Adabas.

Thnx guys

@SG - It is supposed to be Northern Marshes but I'm thinking of chaing it the two marshes into the Northern and Southern Rains to tie in more with the name of the map.

@Sular - The Oda River would have emptied into the lonely sea but i figured the red wind hills would have diverted it towards the east. Also I needed to have a feature on which the southern border with Odadalaia would sit and a river was great for that. To better show the divertion caused by the red wind hills i'm extending the western tips of the hills south to block the river.

-D-
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 01-02-2010 at 10:00 PM.
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

*Thwacks himself in the head* Ah the hills, right. The hills I conveniently forgot to notice. However, that does raise the possible point that the hills in question are somewhat faintly defined. I don't think I would have picked them out but for the label. Possibly making them a little more distinct might help things.

I like it! You're darkening border areas to focus on the Rainlands works, but going with a lighter touch on the ocean areas (i.e., letting more of the light blue shine throught) would add some nice contrast against the greens.

Completed the map and posted it in the Finished Map section.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=8593

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Already begun work on the next region of Evedalaia. This is the western region of Evedalaia, "The Frontier Lands".

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Frontier Lands.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	4.64 MB 
ID:	20248  

My DeviantART

Finished Maps