Thread: One more time...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post One more time...

Well, after working extensively on my last map, I began getting doubtful about how useable it would be. Too many problems kept cropping up. And after I saw the WIP map Anul by Rajorke, I got inspired to make a map modeled after Tear's tutorial - the style intrigued me very much. So this map is heavily inspired by the Anul map and Tear's general style in his tutorial.

So it's going to be a world map, and the scale is 1px = 1km so it's very big (15000px wide - smaller than earth, but more than big enough for me). When I tried to save the file with all continents and one mountain range, it was unable to save because the size exceeded 2gb. So I'm breaking it down in continents/landmasses and working on one at a time.

I'm pretty happy with it so far, but I'm just worried I'm cramming too much into one spot. The desert suddenly seems very out of place for me, as I was thinking that the Sprawling Plains would be southern European oriented (Spain, southern Italy), climate-wise, and the Highlands of the Spear Scandinavian-oriented.

All names are placeholder, more like labels showing what general feel I want that particular region to have.

CC is appreciated as usual. Very scaled map of landmasses and regional map of the northern part of the western continent (which is what I am currently working on) is attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	285.5 KB 
ID:	19962   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	landmass#1 copy.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	19963