Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realm Of Darkmourn

Map Realm Of Darkmourn

Worked on this in CC3 and consider it finished, its an overview of a fantasy world I am working on, so it doesnt have all the details, just some of the more prominent geography.

Thanks to all who take time to look.

Datagoblin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Realm Of Darkmourn.JPG 
Views:	416 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	19971  
    Visit my RPG website: http://www.rpgrescue.com/

I like this CC3 style a lot and you seemed to have nailed it perfectly. Have some rep.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

Very clean, very clear, very nice. Clercon's style is maybe my favourite CC3 style and this is done really well. Good stuff.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Very nice map, I really like the north eastern isle. Looks like there might be some doin's happening there.

Thx, for the assist with my map.

Marc
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Locution's Avatar

I am not normally a fan of maps done in CC3 but I thinks this one is very nice. Have some rep from me. I am impressed!

I appreciate the kind words from everyone, I really think this map style is one of the best of CC3. I sure am glad Clercon designed this set.

As a bonus, I named one of my countries in homage to him...Its called Cerlon and I sure hope he doesnt mind me doing it, now that the cats out of the bag!

Quote Originally Posted by Datagoblin View Post
    I appreciate the kind words from everyone, I really think this map style is one of the best of CC3. I sure am glad Clercon designed this set.

As a bonus, I named one of my countries in homage to him...Its called Cerlon and I sure hope he doesnt mind me doing it, now that the cats out of the bag!
    I'm really glad you like the style, and a bit flattered. The map looks great.
    And the next time I hope you make “my” country a bit bigger ;-)

Lol Clercon...

The rest of the realms will bow down, dont you worry Yours is the only country producing maps of the world

Nice looking map, and I quite like the style you used based on Clercon's stuff. Not sure if you intend to continue to modify this in CC or if your ready to "print it out" to the screen and call it "done". If the later AND you want to make it look the nicest possible for screen/print, you might consider using GIMP or Photoshop and using the smudge tool to get the mountains to blend into the underlying terrain colors a bit more. Not needed by any means, but if your more of a perfectionist, it's something to consider...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

This map is a .jpg formatted so it would fit the parameters of the forum and simply to show my finished map, any possible printed versions would be higher resolution for sure.

The style I chose purposely for the way it looks, not to be blended and shaded to look something like a screenshot from Google Earth. Think about a watercolor or oil painting, much of the charm comes from the brush strokes themselves and the gaps in color, the paper or canvas showing through, etc. The imperfections become the perfection.

I hope you get my meaning, not trying to turn this into an art discussion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast