Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: January Entry: Western Mythkir Bay

Thank you.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I gotta agree. Not a thing I would change so far just yet...maybe at the end lighten it a lil bit but we'll see. And my best wishes to you also, bro...take care of yourself.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks Ascension for your encouragement.

I tried to do some new textures for the land, since they are pretty uniform right now, but with the illness creeping up my brain, I just didn't manage.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a whiner usually, but the blurry vision I got today just killed any plans I had. My collage with the original image also has to be scrapped because I can't make out any pixels at the moment.
    I was really enthusiastic to get this going, but I just have to give in.

Sorry.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I think it looks great so far. I like the colours - and even went so far as to place my entry in the middle of the bay! I hope the illness clears up for you and you get a chance to finish this one up.

Blog Entries

I wasn't sure about this. I thought maybe it was too dark when you were working on the land features and then bam! Labels go on and the whole thing just shines.

I don't think anyone in the guild can label a map like you can. Heh... that sounds like it is damning with faint praise but it isn't meant to. Your labelling always fits the map like a glove.

But... having said that... I really dislike the font you used as the title for your legend. It looks like the same one that was used on that other guy's map... doh... can't remember his name. Anyway, it was the only thing I didn't like about that map either. That and his reddish mountains.

Anyway, great map. Good luck in the challenge and I really hope you start feeling better soon, Tear.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Thanks for the kind words. I'm feeling a bit better today and spent some time working on the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    I really dislike the font you used as the title for your legend.
    I agree it wasn't a very good choice.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westernbay_6.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	20202  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The text is a bit hard to read (for me at least), but other than that it looks really good.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's looking great. Lots of good stuff going on there, and I particularly like the subtle waves in the ocean. Very nice indeer.

Thank you.
    On a side note it's kind of ironic that I try to map part of the Plaguelands and get sick in the process. I definitely should try The Happy Healthylands next.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I need to find The Land of Dancing Girls-idorea.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast