Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: January Challange: Fort Locust

Lovely maps.

On the new-baby front, don't give up. I've done some good mapping at 2AM while cradling a tiny person on shoulder or in lap. The baby got some nice warm heartbeat sleep, and I got an excuse to be mapping all night. Win-win! :-)

Just do some careful ergonomic setup so you don't get a kink holding your shoulder just SO to reach the tablet or mouse. And if the baby's wiggly or you're prone to mistakes of drowsiness, Save Often.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looking good, and well done for spotting the problem and dealing with it. It's always hard to scrap something and start again.

I like this version. Good layout and scale. I'd reduce the strength of the pattern you're using for the roads - that's a bit domineering at the moment with all the hard black lines. Otherwise - looks great.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think it's a very unique style and looks pretty cool so far.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Well done on getting the new scaled version.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyll View Post
    I am still going to do a regional map. I am not sure if I am going to do the whole region as in the initial posting or just the peninsula.
    I haven't checked the scales on this map but I expect its all correct now. If you are going to do a regional map then it would be a good idea to pick a scale that you can see the regional map in the main map and see this map in the regional one too. You will also have to let us know which one is the entry, the town or regional map. If your regional map is great then by using this one as a small part of it then it would provide great detail for that bit of it. Or you can take a small part of the regional map which is quite a lot larger than the extents of this map and then blow it up huge and paste this map into the relevant bit in the middle of it. So outside of this map extents its less detailed but gives more context to the bit you have done already. All depends on how much time you want to give to it really.

Looking good tho.

Guild Journeyer

Latest WIP no time will comment later. Thanks for all the comments and please tell me what you think about the changes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fort5.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	20228

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I still think it looks good and the only thing that I see as weird is the road going out of town appears to go over the wall.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This has turned out pretty nice.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

Thanks for all the support. I fixed the road issues I think. The baby is coming out tomorrow via c-section which is crazy so hopefully i can finish this up. I plan on focusing the town while having the regional as a location placement. i added a fair amount of stuff but i am wondering about rivers on the regional if I should add them or leave it be. well let me know.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Fort Locust Region.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	710.1 KB 
ID:	20268 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FortLocust.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	20270

Blog Entries

I think it would be a nice to have but if your entry is the city and the regional is just for information then I think the entry will be the one judged. So if your happy your all done with the entry then by all means add to the regional. I think the regional map helps to position it better.

Its all good work and I think a strong entry.

Good luck to you, wife and fam tomorrow ! I think we will all expect you to be too busy to post for a while.

Guild Journeyer

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Final 2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	21226

so what do think of this some work left to be done

Not sure about the style should I go basic or this
    Last edited by Xyll; 01-20-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast