I have been lurking about this site for some time, always loving the information and advice I can find here. While I've been a die hard hand-drawer of maps for years, when I got the itch to make a new gameworld this fall, I thought "Hey, I'll check the Cart's Guild for some ideas - cause I'd really like to try doing a map on the computer."

It was the best choice I could have made.

Finding great tutorials, brushes, ideas, links, thoughts and even encouragement intended for other map-makers - a month later I have completed a photoshop map that when carried to my local printer for poster treatment was met by the statement "Holy Bajeezus, lady - You did that in photoshop?" I am honestly giddy at the 3x4 poster map that my players will get to see in all its glory behind my head during our first session next Saturday.

Thank you. Without the awesomeness of this community - my players would have a dinky little scribble of a map to see on the table, rather than an interactive map that I can easily update as they conquere a kingdom or two.

This community rocks! Keep up the awesome, guys!