Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A thank you is in order

Guild Novice

Post A thank you is in order

I have been lurking about this site for some time, always loving the information and advice I can find here. While I've been a die hard hand-drawer of maps for years, when I got the itch to make a new gameworld this fall, I thought "Hey, I'll check the Cart's Guild for some ideas - cause I'd really like to try doing a map on the computer."

It was the best choice I could have made.

Finding great tutorials, brushes, ideas, links, thoughts and even encouragement intended for other map-makers - a month later I have completed a photoshop map that when carried to my local printer for poster treatment was met by the statement "Holy Bajeezus, lady - You did that in photoshop?" I am honestly giddy at the 3x4 poster map that my players will get to see in all its glory behind my head during our first session next Saturday.

Thank you. Without the awesomeness of this community - my players would have a dinky little scribble of a map to see on the table, rather than an interactive map that I can easily update as they conquere a kingdom or two.

This community rocks! Keep up the awesome, guys!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Well of course you know what to do

Let's see it!

Welcome out of the dark.

Blog Entries

I second the call for you to post your work.

Welcome to de-lurking.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Novice

Is it proper to post it here?

*Now begins to figure out where the upload buttons are*

Blog Entries

If it's finished then maybe start a thread in the Finished Maps forum. That way you'll get more people viewing it and cheering you.

Just use the "Manage Attachments" button to upload an image and then select it using the paper clip icon above the edit box when you're posting to include the image in your post.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, some people put them in the welcome thread. But you can start a new thread in the Finished Maps section as well. When you write a post you should see a paperclip above the text area. If you don't see it then click Go Advanced. The paperclip should open a new window that allows you to upload your images. Once you've uploaded them there, close the window and go back to your message. When you want to insert your image, click the paperclip again and find the image you want to insert. Click it and a link will appear in the text. Preview to make sure it's working and you're away.

Guild Novice

You guys totally rock

I'll go upload one of the views of the map now

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm going to go look for it now. What a teaser!

Oh, and welcome to here.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast