Thread: Dungeon Tiles

Help Dungeon Tiles

Hi everybody,

since there is no welcome thread in this board, I first want to introduce me:
    I am 34 years old, living in Vienna (Austria), passionate Pen&Paper and LARP Player and after some tries with maps I am looking for an easy solution for making dungeon and house/castle/tavern/... maps.

I am searching for tiles usable in any (most) program (jpeg, png, tif, even psd) and if possible a program for placing this tiles without pain in a 5-feet grid.

Maybe this is too much demanded, so I would be happy about tips & tricks and locations of good tile sets.

To clarify: i like maps like the ones from Vry (Denoleran Enclave) like Two Forts, Batlle of Kaltria or Denoleran Enclave. That's my style. I don't like pure vector graphics.

I thank you for every answer and time you share with me,
    Joachim

Well!

I would suggest you head over to the Dungeonforge website at http://www.dungeonmapping.com/df/pub...hp?name=Forums

There are two programs there, and the one called Dungeonforge (NOT MapX) would probably do exactly what you want.

From the quick blurb:

Dungeonforge is an easy-to-use map creation program for Role Playing Games. It is fast and flexible and can produce maps in the style of Dungeoncrafter and Dundjinni (as well as using the same range of art).

The maps can be printed for tabletop use or used in online games.

Features:
    Can use any PNG, JPG, BMP art.
    Multiple layers
    Cell size range from 20x20 to 128x128
    Maximum world size 200x200 cells
    Maps easily used and edited by other Dungeonforge users
    It is free in the download section (but you might need to register in the forum). The nicest thing is that it will work with pretty much any graphic file for the tiles, and will auto-wall as you mark the floor tiles.

There are a variety of tile sets, from photo-realistic to classic TSR, also available in the download section there.

Give it a try. I still use it a fair bit, depending on the map style I want. The community is pretty active, and great for answering questions. I pop in often as well.

-Rob A>

If you own the Wizards of the Coast's dungeon Tiles game aids (quite inexpensive, and gear for Miniatures), they have a 'free mapper' on their website for use with the tiles:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20061121t
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    If you own the Wizards of the Coast's dungeon Tiles game aids (quite inexpensive, and gear for Miniatures), they have a 'free mapper' on their website for use with the tiles:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20061121t
    I know this tool, but there is no way to print the maps other than a simple low res-view

Info

Quote Originally Posted by ra-punzel72 View Post
    Hi everybody,

since there is no welcome thread in this board, I first want to introduce me:
    I am 34 years old, living in Vienna (Austria), passionate Pen&Paper and LARP Player and after some tries with maps I am looking for an easy solution for making dungeon and house/castle/tavern/... maps.
    Welcome to the community ra-punzel! We actually do have a welcome thread. Actually it is a forum. Look at the general discussion forum and you will find the majority of peoples introduction. Also, the site has a really useful search feature up at the top that will really help you get acquainted with the various topics and subjects that we have here.

Quote Originally Posted by ra-punzel72 View Post
    I am searching for tiles usable in any (most) program (jpeg, png, tif, even psd) and if possible a program for placing this tiles without pain in a 5-feet grid.

Maybe this is too much demanded, so I would be happy about tips & tricks and locations of good tile sets.

To clarify: i like maps like the ones from Vry (Denoleran Enclave) like Two Forts, Batlle of Kaltria or Denoleran Enclave. That's my style. I don't like pure vector graphics.

I thank you for every answer and time you share with me,
    Joachim
    Some really great resources out there can be found at Dundjinni.com and RPGMapShare.com. Also, there was a dungeon tile set just released at FourUglyMonsters. You can find more information about it here: http://www.fouruglymonsters.com/comm...ead.php?t=1371
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.