Thread: Importing Dundjinni Art into CC3

Post Importing Dundjinni Art into CC3

Hi all!

I apologize if this is a question that you are tired of seeing but I searched and wasn't able to find any posts on it.

I've heard that it is possible to use Dundjinni Art in CC3 but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Can someone please give some instructions or a link that explains is? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by OldGuy; 01-07-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Can't help you with CC3 but there are several folks that are quite skilled with it.

But I at least wanted to say Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yes you can. Different ways to go about it. You can make a symbol catalog of the PNGs (bit of work to do it), or you can use the DRAW -> INSERT FILE feature to do it.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestions!

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't seem to have any PNGs (or JPGs, GIFs, BMPs, TIFs, or any other image file format I'm familiar with).

In "Program Files(x86)/Dundjinni Enterprises/Dundjinni/Map/Fantasy/" I have a "Dungeons" and a "Wild" folder, both with numerous folders inside them, each containing DJX files that appear to be the images in a proprietary format.

I have no idea how to extract those images into PNGs though.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I believe the default files that come with Dundjinni are in a proprietary format. You can download all kinds of stuff from their user creation forums that are in .png format.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I wish I had come here and asked the question first. The only reason I bought Dundjinni was for the images.

Thanks for the info though!

EDIT: I realized that that probably sounds like I'm dissing Dundjinni. I really didn't mean that. It looks like a wonderful program that I'm sure I'll love. I had just hoped to use the images in other programs as well. Guess I'll have to settle for the tens of thousands of free images that the wonderful user community has made.
    Last edited by OldGuy; 01-08-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
    I wish I had come here and asked the question first. The only reason I bought Dundjinni was for the images.

Thanks for the info though!
    ...and I believe their license explicitly forbids using the (image pack) images outside of Dundjinni itself. So dropping them on a white map then exporting them as pngs to use (individually) in another program would not be acceptable.

What is allowed is creating maps in DJ then post-processing in another application.

-Rob A>

@RobA:

I believe that you are 100% correct. I went to the Dundjinni site and read the EULA and forums. It seems like an odd arrangement to me but that is how it is clearly stated.

I wish I had read that yesterday. It would have saved me hours of searching for a DJX to PNG converter