Thread: New map - Drya

Post New map - Drya

I recently started to work on a new map, just for fun & practise. That's also why it isn't very large. I like how it looks so far, but I'm not really sure what to do next (or to just call it finished ).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drya 2.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	20134  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This looks pretty nice, can you post up a larger version?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

This is the full scale image . Like I said, it was mostly to try things, so it's not very large.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Fair enough.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

That's quite nice. Very distinctive style. If it weren't finished, what else would you think of adding?

Hm, brainstorming what could (not "should" - I'd try and see what fits and what doesn't) be added: names of mountains and rivers and other geographical features, country borders, flags of the nations, shipping lanes, points of interests (mines, ruins, battlefields, temples, ...), a map border, a cartouche with the map's title, a scale bar, some map ornaments ....

Thanks for the suggestions . I've already tried names for the mountains (didn't turn out all that great ), but there are definitely some things to experiment with on the list.