Thread: 2nd Map

Wip 2nd Map

Hi all and a Happy New Year to you all.

i am still learning Gimp and thought i would share my 2nd map i think its a Huge improvement on my First ( http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=8209 ) although i know i still have a long ways to go.

i must thank all the guys on here that supply Tutorials to us Newbies thanks heaps they have helped a lot ( and you have been repped )

i think i might have bumped the Ground a little harsh as i ended with some dark patches , well i think that's what caused them lol

i see a few maps on here with a nice glow to them from the coast line , i know i saw a tut on it but any advice , i also had issues adding my mountains after so this map is without untill i can get them right.

Another Question and sorry for picking your brains guys , alot of maps you do have cool background lines , grid's , Lat and Longitude over the oceans is there a Tut on these or any advice.

as always please any Thoughts on where i can improve.

Thanks Again

Vorhees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spargos Template.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	386.8 KB 
ID:	20127  
    Last edited by Vorhees; 01-08-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Guild Member

Ive not tried using GIMP yet although i have downloaded it. It looks like a good start to me though - please add some to it and post it again !