Thread: [Paid] Three Tactical Maps for Iron Heroes

Map [Paid] Three Tactical Maps for Iron Heroes

As part of ongoing support for Iron Heroes, I'm running six sessions of an adventure (Glacier Keep) at Gencon.

After Gencon, I'd like to make this adventure available as a free download. But when I do, I'd like to include maps that are a little more impressive than the colored pencil sketches I currently have.

There are three tactical maps for the adventure. Two should be relatively straightforward; one may need a bit more artistic flair. Clarity is of paramount concern: I need maps that can easily be read and understood when printed out on in greyscale on someone's cheap bubblejet printer. The better you can make them look within that criteria, the happier I will be

If you won't be playing the adventure at Gencon, and you're interested in doing the work, drop me an e-mail at ironheroes@fierydragon.com with a sample of one of your maps and an expectation of pay rates.

If you need any more information, feel free to ask here.

Hi Capellan, just as a matter of interest, I wonder if you could pm me if and when anyone takes you up on your offer or shows an interest in taking it further. My interest is purely to see whether this part of the site generates responses (I don't want or need to know any details as to who has responded or the terms etc - just whether you have had responses).

Many thanks!

Ravs

Guild Member

Just cause ye posted interest in knowing... I responded to that fellow who was offering cash for mapping his IronHeroes campaign for Gencon. I offered him what i feel is a fair price for a map that will be given away as a freebie.

I was first going to offer it for free but... when i checked the domain in his email addy i realized that his site is commercial and would be using the freebie adventure to draw business so... I erased my first draft and rewrote the email.

i'm also working on a map for that site introduced by GamerPrinter. Might as well give it a shot eh Who knows...

Well, there ye have it... so long as folk need maps... i think yer Mapping Requests forum will be great in the future.

((I hope i'm not the only response he gets... errr... wait... mebbee I do... ))
    Last edited by Duvik; 08-11-2007 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added a line
    The Tangled Web A community for players and DMs of online pen and paper style roleplaying.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the interest is here on the mapping side, but we don't have a lot of people in a position to request maps quite yet. Pretty soon we'll be big enough to draw a crowd of people wanting maps done.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Sorry never saw your post (new to boards, and only joined at begining of Sept) otherwise I could have done some maps for you.

I hope it all worked out OK.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave