Thread: CC2 symbols in Illustrator

Guild Novice

Question CC2 symbols in Illustrator

How can I port symbols from Campaign Cartographer 2 into Adobe Illustrator? There must be a way, they are both vector.

Guild Novice

I see quite a few people looking at this post, but no responses? I can't be the only person with this question. I looked through the older posts, but didn't see anything relating to this.
    I love my symbols from CC2, but as a designer I find Illustrator so much easier to use and control. If I could just get my symbols to work with Illustrator I would be cranking out a lot more maps.

I just answered best way I know how in your intro thread. Not sure if that helps though as I don't know illustrator.

Also, ALL the CC2 symbols were made in CC2 from what I could tell.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

CC3 (and previous versions like CC2 and CC2 Pro) are built from FastCAD licensed from Evolution Computing. If you look at File -> Save As in CC3 (this should be the same for CC2 as well), you will see on the Save As... dialog box the Save As Type drop down box. On that list you will see that you can save from CC3 AutoCAD DWG and AutoCAD DXF files.

DXF files are supported in Adobe Illustrator (according to this link at Wikipedia).

Other than CC3, I'm not a CAD user, so I don't know that much about the file formats other than what I've read. But in theory, you should be able to export vector symbols from CC3 as DXF files and open them in Illustrator. I don't use Illustrator either though.

There's more at CC3 Online Help here:
    http://www.profantasy.com/cchelp/hlp_def_dxf.htm
    http://www.profantasy.com/cchelp/cc3...md_acadopt.htm

Hopefully this will give you a starting point. If it works, be sure to report back!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Guild Novice

Thanks everyone for the tips! I will try some of these out and see what happens. If I come up with anything good, I'll be sure to post it.