Thread: Hitchcock GPS track >> "GPS Art" - you heard it here first

Map Hitchcock GPS track >> "GPS Art" - you heard it here first

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPS Route 2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	20172
    i had to post his, and see if anybody got a kick of it too.
    this was my GPS track home from downtown one day, and i swear it looks like a man''s profile!!
    maybe a lttle hitchcock like, who i happen to be related to!! weird
    i'm thinking of starting a whole new art form of mapping profiles and pictures by driving around different courses..hehe
    Last edited by hubbardmapworks; 01-09-2010 at 01:29 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That's a cool idea. Of course you could make a map and plan out the route but I bet you could come up with all sorts of things.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

It kind of looks like Larry Joe Campbell: The guy in According to Jim.

http://www.tv.com/larry-joe-campbell...ctures;image;3

edit: It would make a good question at the end of a road rally. "What is the shape of the route you just traveled?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    That's a cool idea. Of course you could make a map and plan out the route but I bet you could come up with all sorts of things.
    Now that's making a line the hard way! I can just imagine someone's house being torn down because Paris Hilton needs to travel open ground for her 'GPS Masterpiece'

Think I'll stick to making my lines the simple way.

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd