Thread: Need Help!

Post Need Help!

Hi I'm new to the boards (and pretty new to CC3 as well) so I'm not really sure where to post this, but I am having a problem with CC3. Not really sure what I did, but for some reason I cannot seem to draw any landmass, sea, terrain, river, etc. Whenever I click to start the first point and then move on to the next point or to the last point nothing happens, that is I see nothing on the screen except for the cross-hairs. It only happens on this particular saved map (which I've spent a considerable amount of time on now). If I start a new map it works fine. Everything else seems to work however, such as symbols. Does anyone have any idea what I did or how to fix this problem? Thanks...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I don't use CC3, but I'm sure one of the CC Experts will be along shortly to help with your problem.

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It's possible you somehow changed the functionality of the draw tool(s) you're trying to use, or the save file got corrupted. Try copying the entire contents of your map to a new document. That should reset everything to the defaults while still preserving your work. If I recall correctly, you'll have to start a second instance of CC3 to do it; it's been a while since I've used the software.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Yeah, I'm stymied as well. Mayhaps you could email me the FCW file and I can take a look.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Just an idea, maybe stupid, but be sure the buttons Ortho/Snap/Attach/Locked are off when you are using a drawing tool (excepted if you want to use these functions of course)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans titre 1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	20224  
    Last edited by Noon; 01-11-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    Noon

My website : http://www.lechemindenoon.com
    A project of role play (with my maps): www.rhim.fr

Thanks for the replies everyone. Ortho/Snap/Attached etc. are all off. Also if I copy and paste in the entire map into a new template all the sheets and layers get changed. Hey Neon how should I send you the FCW file so you can take a look at it? Still can't draw anything....

I finally figured it out. I tried changing the template (sea) properties to [Layer: Template] and [Sheet: Sea] and that fixed it. Don't know what the template (sea) got changed to or how but that must have been it. Thanks.....

Okie Dokie!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave