Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People working on D&D worlds?

Guild Journeyer

I am using it for my pathfinder campaign that started out in 3rd edition. I have not even touched my older worlds that I made for 2nd edition D&D. Sometimes I miss the older systems. Started with Basic D&D first, character creation took 2 minutes at most.

i've tended to create my own worlds for my D&D campaigns. a lot of completely fantastic worlds, a few based on earth history, and one published setting (eberron, which became a very different place by the time i was through with it). my next D&D 4e campaign is going to be set in an ecumenopolis, a world-spanning city with a population in the trillions, and vast sprawling dungeons beneath it all. damned if i'm going to map that one.

i disagree wrt D&D 4e and storytelling. but to each their own, it's all good.
    >>< drow ><<

All the maps I have posted here so far have been for my various D&D campaigns. I play with two different groups of players. My first group is the longest running, we have been playing AD&D with homebrew and houserules since 1980. I have scanned in numerous maps on now 30 year old paper to restore them and give them new life, though for some of them the campaigns are just an old memory.

My second group is a 4e campain in which I am just a player. My son is working on a 4e campain and I have begun working on his campaign map for him, from his initial sketches.

I find that when a D&D world lives in my head I can get it down on paper well and from there its much easier to take it to the computer where the creative process has to mix with a technical process to bring the map to digital life.
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

Blog Entries

I have worked on a few worlds, some a long time ago but now I stick with the CWBP cos I like the way people add to it if I am not . In my sig is a link to keywords index and that has a worlds section with loads of posts for peoples worlds in them.

Guild Member

I'm always crating worlds. although the one I'm working on now is by far the most detailed one I've ever done. I'm barely done with one third of the largest continent.

I've been working on a D&D world for the past 10 years. It originated as a 2.0 campaign and has survived up to 3.5. I refuse to transfer it over to 4.0 rules as I feel 4.0 is far more of a skirmish game than a role-playing game.

I'm actually making my first attempt at world design for a 3e campaign. Previously, I just used published settings, but I'm enjoying the creative process of making my own.

Have made a few worlds for my own roleplaying campaigns but nothing really finished.

Not long ago I started working on a new campaign setting called Morhaven. Will not be directly aimed at Dungeons and Dragons though. Map posted in the gallery here. i'm aiming high and will try to publish it myself this year.

Guild Novice

I'm working on a world for a 3.5 game.. I've had a lot of game worlds in the past, and they have almost always been 1 or 2 shot, hardly documented at all.. I'm actually being semi-serious about this world though, as I want to be able to use it in the future..

Problem is, I am pretty much always entirely alone in working on my worlds, and I'm lazy >.>

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zolgar View Post
    Problem is, I am pretty much always entirely alone in working on my worlds, and I'm lazy >.>
    I have the same problem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast