Thread: Can anyone print poster sized maps?

Question Can anyone print poster sized maps?

I've been working on a contour map that is not nearly finished. This is just a small fraction of the full map. When I get done, I'd like to print it out. How would I got about doing this? Does anyone offer this service that has CC3? I wouldn't mind paying someone from the forums if anyone is interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World Contour.BMP 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	37966

The map didn't seem to load correctly, but you get the idea of the type of map. Can't really zoom in for some reason, it gets blurry.

Blog Entries

Just find a local print shop. They are often associated with office supply stores or couriers. Anything larger than Ledger or A3 tends to be quite a bit more expensive though.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Gamerprinter has a print shop, he'd be my first suggestion If you send him a PM I'm sure he could supply a quote.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

$2.99 per square foot for full color printing up to 35" x 48"+, shipped worldwide. Just send me a PM or an email at freerpgmaps (at) gmail (dot) com - tell me your intended print size, number of prints, any lamination needs as well, and file type. While I can work with CC3 native format, I don't prefer it - would rather see a PNG, BMP, JPG or something else at least 200 ppi.

Michael "GP" Tumey
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Default 3D printing

has anyone ever printed a contour map with a 3D printer? I'm in the business and would like to work with someone on a project like this. http://www.metrorp.com
    Last edited by johngaltrules; 08-24-2011 at 05:42 PM.

We once did a few tiles of a USGS DEM using one of the Z Corp printers ( http://www.zcorp.com/ ) for work. It was a nice result, but the cost was a bit out there. I recall having to write a DEM to STL converter. It was a long time ago, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    $2.99 per square foot for full color printing up to 35" x 48"+, shipped worldwide. Just send me a PM or an email at freerpgmaps (at) gmail (dot) com - tell me your intended print size, number of prints, any lamination needs as well, and file type. While I can work with CC3 native format, I don't prefer it - would rather see a PNG, BMP, JPG or something else at least 200 ppi.

Michael "GP" Tumey
    Thanks for the info. When I am done with the drawing, I'll definitely be in touch. My problem right now is everytime I save it as another file type, I seem to loose a lot of the clarity of it.

Well, I will accept CC3 native format - though I only have the base version of CC3 and the current City Designer, I don't have any of the Annuals. I don't use CC3 much beyond printing other peoples maps, but if you're having clarity issues in other formats, send me your CC3 file (I forget the file extention name at the moment). I can work with it, though sometimes it can be problematic for printing. Just send it, I'll see what I can do.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations