I'm pretty new around here and somewhat new to mapping as well.

ProFantasy has a handy new battlegrid template so I figured I'd use that to make a bunch of geomorphs. By default, it has a 10' grid and 5' snaps. I drew the floor for a 30' x 30' room w/ 10' entrances and 1' thick walls. It looked great. I made a bunch more and was very pleased with myself.

Then I started on some geomorphs with 5' corridors. Opps! I just realized what I was doing wrong. My 1' thick walls were centered on the grid lines which meant that my 30'x30' room was really 29'x29' and that my 10' corridors were really 9' corridors. Not really all that noticable.

But my 5' corridors were only 4' wide. That's very noticable.

When I get the energy up for it, I'll start to redo them. My plan is to set the snap at 0.5' intervals so that centering my 1' walls one snap away from where I want will place the edge of the walls where I want.

My hand hurts already just thinking about those little precise movements caused by such a small snap setting. I don't see an alternative though.

I thought I'd throw it out here in case someone sees and easier way that I'm missing. I'm not real hopeful though. I think that's just the nature of the beast.

If anyone's interested, the geomorphs I've made so far are here:

Old Guy Gaming - Downloads