Thread: Map 3 by nian. Work in progress =]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Map 3 by nian. Work in progress =]

hello. Long time no see =]
    I was working on a strange map of Japan but my pc crashed and I lost it. Too bad since I spend on it like 10 hours. Then I lost my login and password, but I'm finally back. =P I want to show you my work in progress here. It's far from finished though. =]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yay.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	568.1 KB 
ID:	20266  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I can't really offer anything helpful, but I can't see anything to criticize either, so that's a good thing. I just want to say that this looks pretty striking and want to see it fully developed.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Hmm... Am I really cheap when I'm using a lot of brushes I found here in "mapping elements" and on deviant art? I tried to make my own brushes of trees etc. but I have absolutely no talent =/
    I believe I should be able to finish my map tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. =]

Post Since you prefer symbols and work on Japan maps...

I really don't know how helpful this will be for you, but since you prefer map symbols and brushes (made by others) and you seem to work on Japanese flavored maps, I have a bunch of symbols I made about a year ago and are in the Map Elements Forum.

Because I too create lots of Japanese style maps, and I'm a bit of an artist, I desired mountains and terrain features that resembled Ukiyo-e Japanese print art for that extra bit of Japanese nostalgia.

Here's a link to my symbols in that forum...
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3912

Here's my February 09 map challenge entry where I used these symbols to create a map of Japan during the last year of the Genpei War, 1185,
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...?t=4193&page=5

I hope that helps you!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wow That's awesome. Thanks.
    I wanted to make a map similar to the one you find in game muramasa. The Demon blade for wii. It's beautiful and your hill and mountain brushes would help me sooooo much. Now when you showed me those maybe I will remake it. =]

Anyway Back to my current map. I posted an update. I decited I want to show which and what kind of goods each province has for an export etc. (I hope this sentence makes sense =P). So the middle one will have a lot of woods, the one on the lower right corner have herds of elephants so they can sell ivory etc. I would like to paint some roads or trade routes.. Do you think I should use dots to connect towns or simply a line?
    I was wondering if anyone has some small and not overly complicated symbols for Towns, cities, villages, castles etc. =]

Wow That was my longest post on this forum and propably most of it has bad grammar ==;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yay.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	639.9 KB 
ID:	20281  

Its simple, and its great. It goes to show that you don't have to have a complicated map to have something that is visually pleasing.

Marc
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.