Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Town illustration

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, I saw that progress video. Really stunning. Interesting to see all the stages he goes through - and all the different mediums. There's a huge amount of groundwork before he starts the oils. Very interesting.

Blog Entries

What I am always jealous of is the way that almost every line and every stroke is just right - all the time. The image cant exist so it must be in his head and it must be so clear and he has the ability to transfer it to the work. And yeah with all these fast forward speed up videos of art you see them put many more layers of stuff on than I would have imagined required. Each layer of course just makes it that much better each time. I think I would not know what to do to make it any better after about 25% of their progress. The biggest revelation for me is just how far id need to improve to be in that league. Bleh... its always so great to see this sort of stuff - well anything thats done so well it hurts.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

You're dead right. I see them get to a point and think "that looks like it's done" and then look down to see they're not even halfway in yet. Same with some of the WIPs on the Concept Art forums. I really need to figure out what people do with the second half of all that time!

lol, I did the same thing Torstan. Thinking it was done looked down to see the video was only about half way through.

I am a bit rusty but I could probably do the pencil side of that and then I'd be stumped. I just never got that much into paint.

Great job on the cover art you did.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12