Thread: [taken][unpaid]Assistance, if you please!

Guild Applicant

Help [taken][unpaid]Assistance, if you please!

Hello cartographers!

Please don't be offended by my joining your group, as map making is not my primary endeavour. It is however quite important to me, as I'm (gradually) writing a novel. One of the premises of my idea is that the Earth has been tilted on it's axis, with the North Pole becoming around 600 miles due East of Tokyo.

The post is labelled 'help!' because, cheekily, I'd like some assistance in realising this change. If anyone could plan out a rough (plane) map of the Earth (I don't mind where 0' longtitude goes) I will gladly make you a character in my book, and of course send you a signed copy if I'm lucky enough to get published!

I've been trying to do it, though as I said, map making isn't my strongest suit. I love looking at maps, though. Not sure what the name for that hobby is. Anyway! Please reply if you are the kind of peson who enjoys a benevolent challenge.

Many thanks, and warm wishes,

Lop

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

** Moved to Map Making Request Forum **
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Is this what you are looking for?

A png created with hugin from a world map:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	564.9 KB 
ID:	20326

Along with an svg generated by tracing the above image (in the attached zip) and a png of the svg:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final-retraced.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	20327

-Rob A>
    Attached Files Attached Files

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It's either that or he melts the icecap and freezes the Pacific...New York becomes tropical
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Applicant

Praise AAAAaaaaarrrrr yeah?!

Thanks RobA, I can't believe you did it so quickly! I was sure it'd take days...

I've done some colouring in, but there's more to do yet.

As for your reward...

If it's ok with you I'm gonna make you the owner / Captain of the Allure of the Seas. She's the flagship of a seabound nation, a Las Vegas at sea. You're Admiral of an unrivalled armada, (even Auscorp {yellow} can't touch you) You'll be credited with the first accurate map of Earth since the Tilt.

Niagra falls to Le Québec {brown} I'm afraid, but you wouldn't want to be around there after the Crusades. Sorry Ascension but Missouri will also succumb to the bad guys, though you'll more likely be on the USAC's {dark green?} new Northern coast with everyone else. The good news is you're right about tropical NYNY! You were also right about the South Pole, too. The caps melted, but are reforming... In the mean time NYNY and everything else East of the Appalachians is under water.

Flood planes and major rivers are next, though... Rep to you both

Thanks for your input!

Lop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uber done.... nearly.PNG 
Views:	59 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	21213