Thread: Cities of the Torentine Empire

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Cities of the Torentine Empire

This is my WIP thread for the cities of Torentine that I will map for the atlas project. The first city in the works is the imperial capital, Torentine. I'm starting with this google-esque/atlas style similar to one i saw on another geofiction site because it is easy to read and can hold up with a lot of detail. I decided to go back and forth between this and the topography project for a change of pace. And if the shoreline looks familiar to anyone it's because the central/old city is based on Valletta, Malta. There is also some of the layout of Milano lain in.

The map is in a very early phase so I will be modifying the color palette and refining/modifying much of the data that has been migrated over from illustrator.... as well as creating my own icons for buildings and other data.

The capital will occupy an entire (left) page with cities of a smaller scale (less detail) on the opposite making a two page spread of the empire's cities.

The other two cities i created in illustrator but they will have to go through "the treatment" to bring the quality up to snuff for the atlas. On the right page there will likely be 1 or 2 more of the medium size and 5 or 6 even smaller cities on that same scale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TORENTINE_progress.jpg 
Views:	662 
Size:	4.50 MB 
ID:	20323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VICTORIA_TYRE_CITY_MAP.png 
Views:	1194 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	20324   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMSYS_CITY_MAP.png 
Views:	584 
Size:	178.9 KB 
ID:	20325  
    Last edited by a2area; 01-15-2010 at 08:00 PM.