Thread: Upgrade and site performance today.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Upgrade and site performance today.

The site may get a little slow today because I'm running maintenance and doing a complete backup of the entire site. Yes all 18 gigabytes of this fantastic site is in the process of being downloaded to my hard drive right now. Thats a lot of stuff you all have contributed over the years. 18 gigabytes. Wow.

As the announcement says, I'll be doing a large upgrade tomorrow to vBulleting 4.0.1. If you're interested in seeing whats in store, you can go to vbulletin.com and check out the specs for 4.0.1 for yourself, but I think its going to be awesome. The downtime will probably be tomorrow morning around 7 or 8 CST, depending on what time I wake up. I'm hoping it won't last too long.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Thanks for the info
    Can't wait to see the new version

Post 18 GB, I can believe it!

18 GB of maps, objects, illustrations and tiles, yeah I could believe it. By counting objects, dungeon tiles, illustrations and maps - I'd say I have close to 400 pieces uploaded by me alone - and I'm not the only prolific poster here. If my stuff was only 1 MB, I've got 200 - 300 MB by myself (I think its more than that). Plus WIP steps, maps uploaded that weren't complete and may have had two or more posts before complete. So 18 GB in total, I can easily believe it!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

Been downloading since yesterday evening...4.5 more gigs to go! Yay! Big site is big! And I still haven't backed up the database yet.

GP, I never could have imagined it would grow to these proportions. And I'm glad I never set a per person limt on attachments...that would degrade the quality of this site quite a bit. We're no where near filling up all the sites available space, and when we get close, I'll just buy more space!

I'm still on schedule for upgrading tomorrow morning. I'm goin to bed early tonight, so next time you all see me, there may be a new version!

If we send you a hard drive can we get a copy?

Blog Entries

wouldn't do ya much good...apparently the attachments are stored in a database format...you'd have to convert them...I think...may just need renaming to give them a proper extension. They're not organized in a way thats easily understood either.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Congratulations on a successful upgrade. All seems to be working fine. Now if anything deserved some rep...